The BEREC Office would like to invite all interested candidates to apply for the establishment of a reserve list for the post of ICT Team Leader (Temporary Agents – Grade AD 6). Deadline to apply 01/04/2019 at 12:00 (midday), Riga time. To apply, please consult this link: https://berec.europa.eu/eng/document_register/subject_matter/berec_office/publication_of_notices/8439-call-for-expression-of-interest-ict-team-leader-temporary-agents-grade-ad-6
The job holder will work under the supervision of the Head Unit at the BEREC Office location in Riga, Latvia and may be assigned other duties appropriate to the grade in the interest of the service.
The job holder will be responsible, among others, for the following tasks:
Operations of the IT infrastructure and systems
- Conduct analysis and definition of the Agency’s information and communications system software-hardware solutions requirements, including for data collection and for making data available to the public in an open, reusable and machine-readable format;
- Organise the regular tasks of the IT section, the delivery of IT services, IT support activities and proper functioning of the IT infrastructure;
- Ensure the proper operation of networks and IT systems;
- Develop and implement an ICT security plan;
- Conduct security audits and incident investigations, conduct Cyber Security Operations.
Service and Project management
- Organise and implement the IT service management of the IT team, create relevant procedures, documentation and artefacts, review and monitor the IT service management correct implementation, produce relevant reports;
- Conduct quality management, risk management, performance measurement and continuous service improvement;
- Control and monitor IT projects’ work, scope, schedule, budget, costs, quality and risks, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances;
- Manage and coordinate the cycle of the assigned projects (projects related to software development, IT infrastructure and services, etc.), produce relevant artefacts.
Administrative tasks of the IT team
- Prepare and document policies, guidelines, procedures, etc., in the planning of annual IT activities and in the analysis and monitoring of IT budget;
- Contribute to the preparation of tender and contract specifications for IT-related initiatives. Play a key role in the evaluation, selection, negotiation of terms and contractor relationship management for those initiatives;
- Analyse and identify needs of the IT team, prepare and execute purchase orders, monitor and follow up of the delivery processes;
- Manage contractors and relevant contracts, follow up procurement processes with external providers;
- Organise the IT team as necessary with other tasks.
The Agency for Support for BEREC (BEREC Office) would like to invite all interested candidates to submit applications for the selection of trainees for the BEREC Office Traineeship Programme.
The candidates can apply for 6 profiles as follows:
Candidates must apply by filling in the online application form and submitting
- A covering letter outlining their reasons for applying;
- A CV drafted using the Europass CV format.
Candidates willing to apply for more than one profile must submit a separate application for each profile.
Applicants are explicitly requested to highlight and give a brief account of their experience and expertise relevant to the traineeship. Applicants are invited to indicate, apart from the duration of studies, the legal length of the diplomas that they hold.
Trainees receive a monthly grant calculated at the beginning of each calendar year and published on the BEREC Office website. Training periods are initially offered for a period of six months with the option for prolongation up to twelve months.
There is no closing date for applications, however the agency advice candidates to bear in mind that each year after 30th July, the received applications are checked towards the eligibility criteria.
The indicative starting date of traineeship is 1 October each year.
The working and contractual conditions of BEREC Office staff are based on the Staff Regulations (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). The Agency is staffed mainly by Temporary Agents and Contract Agents, recruited through open selection procedures. In addition, the Agency also makes use of Seconded National Experts (SNEs).
For more detailed information about working with the BEREC Office please read here.
Invitation to interested entities to offer to BEREC Office staff services at preferential conditions
The BEREC Office invites interested entities to submit offers for providing goods and services to the BEREC Office staff at preferential conditions.
Goods and services will be ordered and paid by the BEREC Office staff directly. No financial contribution from the BEREC Office budget is foreseen.
Please send your offers to the following BEREC Office functional mailbox: email@example.com.
Any personal data contained in the offers will be processed by the BEREC Office as described in the privacy statement.
For informational purposes only, currently 37 persons work for the BEREC Office under different contractual conditions. During the years 2019 – 2020, the number of staff could increase.
The BEREC Office sometimes uses interim workers from employment agencies. If you are interested in these possibilities, you may consult the employment agencies the BEREC Office works with: