BEREC events 2020
Due to travelling restrictions and social measures applied across Europe, on 16 June 2020, BEREC organized its traditional public debriefing, online. The event was live-streamed on the BEREC website.
Together with the BEREC Chair Dan Sjöblom, the BEREC Co-Chairs of various BEREC working groups presented the documents adopted during the 43rd BEREC ordinary plenary meeting. The speakers of the public debriefing introduced the new BEREC Strategy, which is one of the core document providing strategic orientations to map BEREC’s actions and gives a solid base for the future BEREC annual work programmes.
During the public debriefing, the speakers explained the adopted BEREC Guidelines on public warning systems and update on Member States’ best practices to support the defining of adequate broadband Internet Access Service. The Co-Chairs of the Open Internet Working Group introduced the audience with the update of the BEREC Guidelines on the implementation of the Open Internet Regulation. The BEREC Chair also presented the ongoing work related to cybersecurity of 5G Networks.
During the public debriefing, the BEREC Chair launched three public consultations on:
- Draft BEREC Guidelines on the criteria for a consistent application of Article 61 (3);
- Draft BEREC Report on the impact of 5G on regulation and the role of regulation in enabling the 5G ecosystem;
- Draft BEREC Guidelines to foster the consistent application of the criteria for assessing co-investments in new very high capacity network elements (Article 76 EECC).
The BEREC Chair also informed stakeholders on a special reporting mechanism regarding the status of internet capacity in light of COVID-19 crisis and other national measures against the pandemic.
Stakeholders had a chance to interact live and ask questions to the speakers and also send them via social media #BERECpublic and email.
Note on the accessibility of the BEREC online events:
The Agency for Support for BEREC ensures the accessibility to the BEREC online events, as follows:
- Information on the event is published duly on the BEREC website;
- The Agenda of the event is published in pdf or MS Word format with respective properties and headings;
- Invitation to the potential participants is circulated on social media – Twitter #BERECpublic and LinkedIn, as well as to the subscribed stakeholders’;
- The public events are live-streamed on the landing page of the BEREC website. It appears 5-10 min before the start. By the end of this year, it is foreseen to introduce a real-time captioning during the livestreaming. Besides, it is also foreseen to ensure subtitles of the recorded videos published on the BEREC YouTube channel;
- Stakeholders are given opportunity to interact with speakers of events. One option is a live connection in an audio-video conference (connection details and instructions are provided separately). Another option: by using the digital tools, such as social media platform Twitter (a dedicated hashtag is provided per event) or email (functional email of the BEREC Office Communications team – [email protected]).
For the live interaction with speakers of events, BEREC uses the audio-visual conferencing platform Webex Cisco, where participants can:
- connect via phone;
- pin the speakers,
- change the screen size and/or size of the letters;
- introduce themselves with the shortcuts within the online audio-visual conferencing platform.