BEREC events 2022
Public debriefing on the outcomes of the 50th BEREC ordinary meetings
Event location: Virtual, N/A
Application deadline: 17-03-2022
On 16 March 2022, BEREC Chair Ms Sipkes and the Working group co-chairs presented the outcomes of the 50th BEREC plenary meetings which were held on 10-11 March 2022 online.
At the public debriefing, the speakers focused on the following topics:
- BEREC’s activities related to the situation in Ukraine;
- Updating the BEREC Guidelines on the implementation of the Open Internet Regulation;
- The regulatory treatment for fixed and mobile backhaul;
- The assessment of BEREC’s contribution to limiting the digital sector’s impact on the environment;
- BEREC’s response to the public consultation on the European Commission’s (EC) draft revised Guidelines on State aid for broadband networks.
A list of adopted and related documents is available on the BEREC website.
BEREC’s 10th Stakeholder Forum on 23 March 2022
At the public debriefing, Ms Sipkes and the incoming BEREC Chair for 2023, Konstantinos Masselos (EETT, Greece), invited stakeholders to BEREC’s major annual event, the 10th BEREC Stakeholder Forum. This year, it will take place on 23 March 2022 in Brussels, at the DoubleTree by Hilton Brussels City Hotel.
At the BEREC Stakeholder Forum, the BEREC Chair and Vice-Chairs will engage with stakeholders to gather early inputs on the BEREC Work Programme for 2023. They will facilitate lively discussions on topics such as Artificial Intelligence and the regulation of digital platforms for effective enforcement of the Digital Markets Act. Additionally, BEREC will continue its annual tradition of organising Meet&Greet sessions for stakeholders with the Working group co-chairs. To participate in the event, prior registration is required and is now open.
Presentation of the Public debriefing
Recorded video of the Public debriefing