BEREC events 2022
Public debriefing on the outcomes of the 53rd BEREC ordinary meetings
Event location: Belgium, Brussels
Application deadline: 14-12-2022
On 14 December 2022, in Brussels, at the IRG Secretariat, Rue de la Science 14, 3rd floor, BEREC will hold a public debriefing to present the outcomes of the latest ordinary meetings. Due to the limited number of seats, prior registration is required. The registration for physical attendance will be closed once the maximum number of participants has been reached. Registered participants are welcome to arrive before the event, as of 13:30 CET. The public debriefing also will be livestreamed on BEREC’s website.
During the public debriefing, the BEREC Chair, Annemarie Sipkes, and the BEREC Working Group Co-chairs will present the documents that were adopted during the ordinary meetings. Among the topics, the following will be discussed:
- BEREC Opinion for the evaluation of the application of the Open Internet Regulation;
- BEREC Report on number-independent interpersonal communication services (NI-ICS) revenue indicators;
- BEREC Report on the internet ecosystem
- BEREC Guidelines on Regulation (EU) 2022/612 and Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2016/2286 (Retail Roaming Guidelines)
- BEREC Report on ECA Audit recommendations for 5G cybersecurity
- BEREC WP 2023 and outline of the draft BEREC Work Programme 2024
The BEREC Chair and the BEREC Working Group Co-chairs will also present the documents to be approved for public consultations:
- Draft BEREC Report on Interoperability of Number-Independent Interpersonal Communication Services (NI-ICS) (public consultation)
- Draft BEREC Report on regulatory treatment of business services (public consultation)
- Draft Report on challenges and benefits of Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions in the telecommunications sector (including use cases) (public consultation)
- Draft BEREC Report on Competition amongst multiple operators of NGA-networks in the same geographical region (public consultation)
The documents adopted by BEREC during the ordinary meetings will be made available on the BEREC website on 13 December 2022, enabling stakeholders to prepare questions for the speakers in advance. In addition, a list of other publicly available and related documents will be published on the website.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The debriefing will be live-streamed via a dedicated streaming platform. BEREC will publish the link to the debriefing on its website shortly before the event on 14 December 2022.
Stakeholders can submit questions in advance through the registration form. Please send any particularly complex or detailed questions to [email protected] by close of business on 12 December 2022.
The data provided by you during the registration process will be treated in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EC) No 2018/1725 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC. The data will be used by the BEREC Office solely for the afore-mentioned purpose. More details about their processing, the identity of the data controller and your rights can be found in the specific privacy statement.