BEREC invites stakeholders to its public debriefing on 15 June in Brussels
01 June 2022
To present the outcomes of the 51st ordinary meetings, BEREC will hold a public debriefing on 15 June 2022. The event will take place at the IRG Secretariat premises in Brussels at 14:00 CEST. The stakeholders who cannot join the event in person are most welcome to follow the live streaming on BEREC’s website.
During the public debriefing, the BEREC Chair Annemarie Sipkes and the BEREC Working Group Co-Chairs will present the documents that will be adopted during the BEREC ordinary meetings, followed by a Q&A session to answer questions from stakeholders. The documents concern the following topics:
- Update of the BEREC Guidelines on the implementation of the Open Internet Regulation;
- Update to the BEREC Net Neutrality Regulatory Assessment Methodology;
- BEREC’s contribution to limiting the impact of the digital sector on the environment.
The BEREC Chair and the BEREC Working Group Co-Chairs will also present to stakeholders the documents to be approved for public consultations:
- Draft BEREC Guidelines on the new Roaming Regulation (EU) 2022/612 and Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2016/2286 (Retail Roaming Guidelines);
- Draft Report on the Internet ecosystem;
- Draft Report on Satellite connectivity for universal service;
- Draft Report on the best practices for ensuring equivalence of access and choice for disabled end-users.
Additionally, the speakers will introduce a new workflow regarding the IP interconnection ecosystem and the impact of the sending-party-pays principle (“OTT fair share”) on this ecosystem, on end-users and on competition.
The debriefing will be streamed via a dedicated streaming platform. BEREC will publish the link to the debriefing on the BEREC website on 15 June 2022 shortly before the event.
Please read these instructions on how to use the streaming platform before the event. Stakeholders will also have the opportunity to ask questions during the event via the platform’s live Q&A chatbox.