Tasks and Mission
Agency for Support for BEREC (the BEREC Office) was established by Regulation (EU) No 2018/1971 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 December 2018, replacing the previous Regulation (EC) No 1211/2009. The BEREC Office is established as a body of the Union.
According to article 5 of the Regulation, the Office has the following tasks:
- to provide professional and administrative support services to BEREC, in particular in fulfilling its regulatory tasks;
- to collect information from NRAs and to exchange and transmit information in relation to the regulatory tasks assigned to BEREC;
- to produce, on the basis of the information received from NRAs in relation to the regulatory tasks assigned to BEREC, regular draft reports on specific aspects of developments in the European electronic communications market, such as roaming and benchmarking reports, to be submitted to BEREC;
- to disseminate regulatory best practices among NRAs;
- to assist BEREC in establishing and maintaining registries and databases, in establishing and managing an information and communications system and in conducting public consultations;
- to assist in the preparation of the work and provide other administrative and content-related support to ensure the smooth functioning of the Board of Regulators;
- to assist in setting up working groups, upon the request of the Board of Regulators, contribute to the regulatory work and provide administrative support to ensure the smooth functioning of those groups;
- to carry out other tasks assigned to it by this Regulation or by other legal acts of the Union.
The BEREC Office encourages all NRA experts to use more efficient and effective means of work, including such that ensure high environmental protection. Therefore the BEREC Office organises a lot of events by audio or video-conference. The personal data of the participants in the events organised by audio or video-conference is processed in compliance with the privacy statement provided below.
Privacy statement - participation in BEREC or BEREC Office events via the BEREC Office audio-video conference facilities
The BEREC Office is an EU Agency supporting BEREC in the fulfilment of its mission to ensure the consistent implementation of the European regulatory framework for electronic communications. To achieve this, the BEREC Office provides all necessary professional and administrative support for the work of BEREC, including financial, organisational and ICT services, and contributes to BEREC’s regulatory work for the benefit of people in Europe.
The guiding principles that lead us to achieve our professional objectives are as follows:
- Professionalism: We are results oriented and believe that by performing consistently to high standards we deliver value to our stakeholders. Professionalism also means for us transparency and integrity in all our actions, working always with the highest level of ethics in our contribution to the interests of the organisation and stakeholders;
- Efficiency: We take pride in our work and strive for both efficiency and quality in everything we do. We are committed to use the resources available in the most efficient way;
- Effectiveness: We aim to contribute to the work of BEREC with real value through tangible and evident results;
- Accountability: We take responsibility for our actions and their outcome both as individuals and as a team. We honour our commitments and obligations. We are held accountable to our constituency (and the public at large) regarding the adherence to the mission, the transparency of internal processes and the execution of our mandate.
The guiding principles of our behaviour in working with our colleagues and interacting with our stakeholders:
- Teamwork is the foundation of our organization. We share knowledge and expertise working cooperatively to achieve our goals. We foster collaboration while maintaining individual accountability;
- Diversity: We respect the diversity of our colleagues, BEREC community and the European Union. We understand that each individual is unique and we recognize and value the different skills and strengths of our team. We believe that diversity fosters creativity and growth and we promote an open and respectful working environment.
BEREC OFFICE PREMISES IN RIGA
In compliance with Article 2 (5) of the Regulation the BEREC Office seat is in Riga, Latvia.
The BEREC Office is located in the premises offered by the Latvian Government and situated at:
Zigfrīda Annas Meierovica bulvāris № 14, 2nd floor, LV-1050 Rīga, Republic of Latvia
Privacy statement - Processing of personal data in the context of the access control to the BEREC Office premises;
Privacy statement - Processing of personal data in the context of video surveillance at the BEREC Office premises.
On 24 February 2011 in Riga the BEREC Office and the Government of the Republic of Latvia signed the Seat Agreement, which introduced the main provisions for cooperation between the BEREC Office and the host state, the Republic of Latvia. In addition both sides signed a Memorandum of Understanding, which further specifies the conditions for use of the premises provided by the Latvian Government to the BEREC Office.
The BEREC Office as an Agency of the EU is a part of the EU Agencies Network - created by the Heads of Agencies to provide a forum for coordination, information exchange and agreement of common positions on issues of common interest.