Single Programming Document of the BEREC Office for the period 2023-2025
As required by the provisions of Article 23 (1) of Regulation (EU) 2018/1971 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 December 2018 establishing the Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications (BEREC) and the Agency for Support for BEREC (BEREC Office), the BEREC Office has prepared a draft Single Programming Document (SPD) of the BEREC Office for 2023-2025. The draft has been approved by the BEREC office Management Board on 31 January 2022 via e-voting procedure and is submitted to the attention of the European Commission – for opinion, and to the Council of the European Union and the European Parliament - for consideration.
On 12 July 2022 the European Commission submitted to the BEREC Office its opinion on the draft BEREC Office SPD for the period 2023-2025, as required by the provisions of issued pursuant to Article 32(7) of the Framework Financial Regulation. On 22 and 23 November 2022, the Budgetary Authority voted the final EU Budget for 2023, which determined the amount of the EU contribution to the BEREC Office budget and the number of the establishment plan posts.
Taking into account all the above, on 14 December 2022 the BEREC Office Management Board (MB) approved the final SPD of the BEREC Office for 2023-2025.
The document comprises the following:
- multiannual programming document of the BEREC Office for 2023-2025;
- annual work programme for 2023, consistent with the multiannual programming;
- detailed objectives and expected results, including performance indicators;
- description of the activities to be financed and an indication of the financial and human resources allocated to each activity, in accordance with the principles of activity-based budgeting and management (ABM);
- all other mandatory requirements envisaged in the European Commission guidelines for the SPDs of decentralised Agencies.
The annual work programme of the BEREC Office is equivalent to a financing decision for the activities it covers and therefore it contains detailed objectives, expected results and the description of the actions to be financed, including an indication of the amount of the financial and human resources to be allocated to each action.