Call for Expression of Interest ICT Team Leader (Temporary Agents – Grade AD 6)
The BEREC Office would like to invite all interested candidates to apply for the establishment of a reserve list for the post of ICT Team Leader (Temporary Agents – Grade AD 6). Deadline to apply 01/04/2019 at 12:00 (midday), Riga time.
The job holder will work under the supervision of the Head Unit at the BEREC Office location in Riga, Latvia and may be assigned other duties appropriate to the grade in the interest of the service.
The job holder will be responsible, among others, for the following tasks:
Operations of the IT infrastructure and systems
- Conduct analysis and definition of the Agency’s information and communications system software-hardware solutions requirements, including for data collection and for making data available to the public in an open, reusable and machine-readable format;
- Organise the regular tasks of the IT section, the delivery of IT services, IT support activities and proper functioning of the IT infrastructure;
- Ensure the proper operation of networks and IT systems;
- Develop and implement an ICT security plan;
- Conduct security audits and incident investigations, conduct Cyber Security Operations.
Service and Project management
- Organise and implement the IT service management of the IT team, create relevant procedures, documentation and artefacts, review and monitor the IT service management correct implementation, produce relevant reports;
- Conduct quality management, risk management, performance measurement and continuous service improvement;
- Control and monitor IT projects’ work, scope, schedule, budget, costs, quality and risks, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances;
- Manage and coordinate the cycle of the assigned projects (projects related to software development, IT infrastructure and services, etc.), produce relevant artefacts.
Administrative tasks of the IT team
- Prepare and document policies, guidelines, procedures, etc., in the planning of annual IT activities and in the analysis and monitoring of IT budget;
- Contribute to the preparation of tender and contract specifications for IT-related initiatives. Play a key role in the evaluation, selection, negotiation of terms and contractor relationship management for those initiatives;
- Analyse and identify needs of the IT team, prepare and execute purchase orders, monitor and follow up of the delivery processes;
- Manage contractors and relevant contracts, follow up procurement processes with external providers;
- Organise the IT team as necessary with other tasks.